2019 Niagara Folk Arts Festival Open House Application
Expectations at 2019 Open Houses
To maximize all of our efforts at the Open Houses, we are asking that each Open House try to accommodate the following requests, so that expectations are clear and transparent for all of us. Below that are some details that are expected from you and by you from us, the Open House organizers - nothing too arduous and you probably already do most of these things.
Host Site Expectations at Open Houses
- A preferred time to have invited guests, dignitaries and the Cultural Ambassadors should be communicated with the Festival Office. We want to be certain that we showcase your activities in the best light possible and we will do our best to schedule or make the visitors aware as to when is the best time to visit you. You will notice a detail request on the last page of the Open House Application form.
- Either the FAMC Executive Director or President or a representative designated by the FAMC Executive Director may speak to the audience to announce upcoming festival events and thank the participating association, Folk Arts Ambassadors and attending dignitaries.
- Either a representative of the club or, upon request, the FAMC Executive Director will introduce dignitaries and the speaking order is:
1. The Executive Director or President of the Folk Arts Multicultural Centre
2. Members of Parliament
3. Members of Provincial Parliament
4. Mayor of City in which the open house is taking place
All comments will be limited to one minute.
- The hosting Open House will have a table reserved for the Cultural Ambassadors to sit when they arrive, will provide food and refreshment to them when they are there and will provide them with an opportunity to be introduced to the audience and announce their organization’s open house. A full meal is NOT necessary, but a light snack and non-alcoholic drink is sufficient. Ambassadors are not to consume alcohol while on duty, regardless of age.
- The hosting Open House will have a table reserved for the invited dignitaries to their events to sit when they arrive. Offering foods and refreshments to them will be at the discretion of the Open House.
- The Mayor and City Councillors of each city hosting an Open House and sitting Niagara MPs and MPPs will be sent a list of all the Open Houses and your requested visitation times, by the Festival Office. They will be instructed to contact the Open Houses directly to RSVP their attendance. If you would like to invite other dignitaries to your events, that will be the responsibility of your Open House organizing group. Each Open House is responsible for providing reserved seating and acknowledgment as outlined above.
We look forward to visiting your Open Houses in May and hope these outlines will help all of us stay organized and cohesive.
Information for Applicants
1. Applicants must be Club Members in Good Standing prior to Open House Applications to be accepted for consideration. Annual Membership is due at the annual AGM, held in November of each year.
2. All completed Open House Applications will be accepted on a first come first serve basis.
3. Full payment for each Open House listing is required for your Application to be accepted. The fees are $350 for your first Open House and $350 for each subsequent Open House listing. Without full payment or only a partially filled in form, your Application is incomplete and your Application will cannot be submitted. This could result in your preferred Open House date given away to the next request that fulfills all the requirements. Your application is not considered complete until full payment and event details have been received.
4. Clubs are strongly encouraged to host their Open Houses on the Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in the month of May. Any dates between May 5 and May 26 are acceptable with the weekend dates being May 5, May 11 and May 12, May 18 and May 19 and May 20, May 25 and May 26.
5. There will be no more than 3 Open Houses scheduled on any one day. No Open Houses are to be held on May 4.
6. The Festival Launch Weekend of events will be May 3, 4 and 5, 2019.
7. NEW! To avoid proofing mistakes, what you submit online for your Open House details will be what is printed.
8. Open Houses are responsible for obtaining their own Special Occasion Permits. Due to changes at AGCO, Open Houses that require a SOP no longer need a Letter of Municipal Significance from the city their Open House will be occurring in. NEW - please note that the AGCO changed their SOP fees on April 1, 2018 from $75 to $150 per SOP per day.
9. All Cultural Ambassador information is due to the Festival office by April 1, 2019, though earlier is much appreciated. This is to aid the Festival in organizing the rehearsals, creating the visitation schedules, having the Ambassador information launched earlier onto/into our marketing items and helping to identify and organize the Ambassador’s Ball needs in May. Please adjust your selection processes now to meet the April 1, 2019 deadline.
10. Please retain a copy for your records. (You will receive a confirmation email with your Application information after online form is submitted)
Festival Office Information
Open House Contact Mailing Address
Mandatory and address MUST be monitored frequently.
What will appear in the Brochure and on the Festival Website
Open House Description
You must type the exact wording here. Stating ”use the same as last year” or something similar will not be accepted. If you leave it blank after December 31, 2018, there will not be a description of your Open House included in your advertising.
Please upload photo(s) to be included in your Open House(s) listing(s).
Photo requirements: JPG or PNG, Minimum 1200px W x 1200px H
Phone Number for Public Inquiries
Mandatory and MUST be monitored.
Days and times phone messages are checked.
ie. Monday to Thursday, 9 am to noon
Public Inquiries Email
Mandatory and address MUST be monitored frequently. Gmail preferred. Personal Emails not suggested.
Days and times phone messages are checked.
For example, Mondays and Wednesday only.
There will be a limit of 3 Open Houses on any given day, on a first come basis. Dates requested to be confirmed before printed.
Reminder: Clubs are strongly encouraged to host their Open Houses on the Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in the month of May. Any dates between May 5 and May 26 are acceptable with the weekend dates being May 5, May 11 and May 12, May 18 and May 19 and May 20, May 25 and May 26.