2020 Niagara Folk Arts Festival Open House Application
Information for Applicants
1. Applicants must be Club Members in Good Standing prior to Open House Applications to be accepted for consideration. Annual Membership is due at the annual AGM, held this year, December 3, 2019.
2. All completed Open House Applications will be accepted on a first come first serve basis.
– The first deadline for full applications and payment submission is 4:30 pm, November 1, 2019 and will be $350 per Open House listing.
– The final deadline for full applications and payment submissions is 11:59 pm, December 3, 2019 and will be $450 per Open House listing. After this date and time, the Application process is closed for 2020.
– Your application is not considered complete until full payment and event details have been received.
3. Full payment for each Open House listing is required for your Application to be accepted. The fees are $350/$450 for your first Open House and $350/$450 for each subsequent Open House listing. Without full payment or only a partially filled in form, your Application is incomplete and your Application cannot be submitted. This could result in your preferred Open House date given away to the next request that fulfills all the requirements.
4. Applications will be filled out on-line ONLY. DO NOT DROP OFF OR MAIL APPLICATIONS TO 85 CHURCH STREET-THEY WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
5. Full payment is due at the time of your application. Your application will not be complete until full payment has been received by the Festival Office. Due to our PayPal system being down at this time, payments by cheque will be accepted however, ONLY those sent by mail. DO NOT DROP OFF ANY REGISTRATIONS OR PAYMENTS at the Folk Arts Multicultural Centre, as there is no secure place to do so. The Folk Arts Multicultural Centre will not be held responsible for items dropped off. Please make cheques out to the Niagara Folk Arts Festival. NOTE-If you are in need of assistance on how to complete the online application and payment, please contact the Festival office at email@example.com and arrangements can be made to walk you through the process.
6. Clubs are strongly encouraged to host their Open Houses on the Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in the month of May. Any dates between May 3 and May 26 are acceptable with the weekend dates being May 3, May 9 and May 10, May 16 and May 17 and May 18, May 23 and May 24.
7. This is an Application to hold an Open House. There will be no more than 3 Open Houses scheduled on any one day. All Open House dates will be confirmed by the Festival Office to ensure the number of events per day. No Open Houses are to be held on May 2.
8. The Festival Launch Weekend of events will be May 1, 2 and 3, 2020.
9. To avoid proofing mistakes, what you submit on-line for your Open House details will be what is printed. Stating “use the same as last year” or something similar will not be accepted-computers don’t understand these words, and your Open House will not have a description in all advertising materials. If you leave it blank or do not be specific in your details, there will not be a description of your Open House in all advertising materials.
10. Open Houses are responsible for obtaining their own Special Occasion Permits. Due to changes at AGCO, Open Houses that require a SOP no longer need a Letter of Municipal Significance from the city their Open House will be occurring in.
11. NEW- An On-Site Contact at your Open House is requested this year, to help us all keep information easily available. This person will need to be on-site at your Open House and will be the key person that all dignitaries will RSVP to, and will be sought out at your Open House, to check in and receive directions. We suggest not using your Ambassador, as they are already hosting the Ambassador Program.
12. NEW- Information regarding your volunteers facilitating your 2020 Festival events is required. Applications will be deemed incomplete if this data is not included. These Volunteer Statistics are used for Sponsor, Partner and grant applications and will be kept anonymous. Those who are filling out the application should have the information available to them, prior to staring the on-line application process.
13. NEW- An Anti-Discrimination policy has been adopted at the Folk Arts Multicultural Centre. All Open House Clubs/Groups are required to read the policy and confirm that they have read, understood and will comply with the policy statements, goals and objectives. The final version will be ready for the AGM on December 3, 2019, if not before.
14. All Cultural Ambassador information is due to the Festival office by April 1, though earlier is much appreciated. This is to aid the Festival in organizing the rehearsals, creating the visitation schedules, having the Ambassador information launched earlier onto/into our marketing items and helping to identify and organize the Ambassador’s Ball needs in May. Please adjust your selection processes now to meet the April 1 deadline.
15. No refunds after January 31, 2020
16. Please retain a copy for your records.